Online Psychiatrist Texas
We are pleased to be offering online psychiatry and talk therapy (telehealth) as allowed by state and national laws. Patients must be physically in the state of Texas at the time of the appointment to qualify. Online psychiatry/counseling is provided as a convenience to patients at the same fees as face-to-face appointments.
To participate in telepsychiatry/telecounseling services you must:
1. Be present within the state of Texas.
2. Utilize a Texas pharmacy to receive prescriptions.
3. Utilize Doxy.me interface (available as an app or through Chrome) or Facetime.
4. Read, sign and understand our telepsychiatry/telecounseling informed consent listed below (form located under Forms tab above).
5. Contact our office at 281-849-4080 if you experience any problems.
Telepsychiatry/Telecounseling Informed Consent
Telepsychiatry is the delivery of psychiatric services using interactive audio and visual electronic systems where the psychiatrist and the patient are not in the same physical location. Your Family Psychiatrist, PLLC allows its psychiatrists to perform telepsychiatry after the initial face-to-face evaluation, and between annual face-to-face re-evaluations, but only through the telemedicine service provider Doxy.me, LLC. The interactive electronic systems used by Doxy.me incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient information and audio/visual data. These protocols include measures to safeguard the data and to aid in protecting against intentional or unintentional corruption.
Potential Telepsychiatry/Telecounseling Benefits:
- Increased accessibility to psychiatric and counseling care.
- Patient convenience.
- Information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g., poor resolution of video) to allow for appropriate medical decision-making by my psychiatrist.
- Delays in psychiatric/counseling evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment.
- Security protocols can fail, causing a breach of privacy of my confidential medical information.
- In rare cases, a lack of access to all the information that might be available in a face-to-face visit, but not in a telepsychiatry session, could result in the omission of care involving other health problems or possible adverse drug interactions.
If I decide that the benefits outweigh the risks, I may request telepsychiatry/telecounseling sessions when I schedule follow-up appointments. If my psychiatrist agrees, I will be scheduled for a telepsychiatry session, and I will be sent an internet link (to http://Doxy.me) with instructions to log into the “waiting room” immediately prior to my scheduled appointment.
- I understand that all laws protecting the privacy and confidentiality of medical information also apply to telepsychiatry/telecounseling.
- I understand that all the Texas rules and regulations which apply to psychiatry also apply to telepsychiatry.
- I understand that my psychiatrist has the right to withhold or withdraw his consent for the use of telepsychiatry at any time during the course of my care.
- I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent for the use of telepsychiatry/telecounseling at any time during the course of my care, and withdrawal of my consent will not affect any future care or treatment from my psychiatrist/counselor.
- I understand that I must be physically within Texas (including offshore State waters) to be eligible for telepsychiatry/telecounseling, and my psychiatrist can send prescriptions for medications only to Texas pharmacies or addresses. I will inform my psychiatrist/counselor as soon as my session begins of my physical location.
- I will ensure the proper configuration and functioning of all my electronic equipment prior to my session because the computer, tablet, or mobile telephone I use must have working camera and audio input so that my psychiatrist/counselor can see and hear me in real time.
- I will not record any telepsychiatry/telecounseling sessions without written consent from Your Family Psychiatrist, PLLC, and I understand that my psychiatrist/counselor will not record any of our telepsychiatry/telecounseling sessions without my written consent.
- I will inform my psychiatrist/counselor as soon as my session begins if any other person can hear or see any part of our session.
- If I lose my connection during a session, I will immediately attempt to log back into the http://Doxy.me “waiting room”.
- If the audio I am receiving during a telepsychiatry/telecounseling session is not complete and clear, I will attempt to let my psychiatrist/counselor know or telephone Your Family Psychiatrist, PLLC to schedule a new appointment.
Patient Consent to the Use of Telepsychiatry/Telecounseling
I have read and understand the information provided above regarding telepsychiatry/telecounseling. I hereby give my informed consent for the use of telepsychiatry/telecounseling in my medical care and authorize my psychiatrist/counselor to use telemedicine in the course of my diagnosis and treatment. I agree to hold Your Family Psychiatrist, PLLC and its psychiatrists/counselors harmless from injuries or omissions that may be related to the malfunction or technical failure of equipment or system encryption.
We do our best to provide exceptional telepsychiatry/telecounseling services. If you have any complaints or concerns, please discuss them with our office staff, so that we may improve any perceived deficiencies.
Complaints about physicians, as well as other licensees and registrants of the Texas Medical Board, including physician assistants, acupuncturists, and surgical assistants may be reported for investigation at the following address: Texas Medical Board Attention: Investigations 333 Guadalupe, Tower 3, Suite 610 P.O. Box 2018, MC-263 Austin, Texas 78768-2018 Assistance in filing a complaint is available by calling the following telephone number: 1-800-201-9353 For more information please visit our website at www.tmb.state.tx.us. Las quejas sobre médicos, así como sobre otros profesionales acreditados e inscritos en la Junta de Examinadores Médicos del Estado de Texas, incluyendo asistentes de médicos, practicantes de acupuntura y asistentes de cirugía, se pueden presentar en la siguiente dirección para ser investigadas: Texas Medical Board Attention: Investigations 333 Guadalupe, Tower 3, Suite 610 P.O. Box 2018, MC-263 Austin, Texas 78768-2018 Si necesita ayuda para presentar una queja, llame al: 1-800-201-9353 Para obtener más información, visite nuestro sitio web en www.tmb.state.tx.us